Tadafune Vintage SK Komakiri Gyuto 270mm Rosewood Handle (Brass Pin)
Part No. ZAA-010-FA270
The vintage design and shape of this Gyuto is something special, too difficult and too expensive to make in the modern day at anywhere near this price. With a wider and taller stance, it allows a thinner and sharper edge than usual, all whilst maintaining a thick enough spine to be durable.
There is evidence of vintage quenching techniques on the blade, made from SK high carbon steel. This steel is somewhat similar to Kigami Yellow, simple to sharpen and retains its sharp edge longer. It is also easier to maintain than the pure carbon steels such as White or Blue steel.
The handle is made from rosewood, this was a popular choice for Gyuto produced around Tokyo of this time, and is available with brass or stainless steel handle pins.
We may never see this same shaped knife at this price in future, unless more new old stock is discovered. There is limited availability at Ai and Om knives, Pro Tooling Australia and Tosho Knife Arts also.
* Video was taken by Tosho Knife Arts using Tadafune Vintage SK Komakiri Gyuto 230mm Rosewood Handle (Stainless Pin).
*Article edited by Pro Tooling.
Brand: Tadafune 源正舟 (忠舟)
Producing Area: Seki-Gifu/ Japan
Profile: Komakiri Gyuto
Steel Type: Carbon Steel
Steel: Mono SK High Carbon
Handle: Rosewood Western
Total Length: 412mm
Edge Length: 278mm
Handle to Tip Length: 282mm
Blade Height: 75mm
Handle Length: 130mm
Hand Orientation: Ambidextrous
Might available on our partners website:
Tosho Knife Arts (Toronto, Canada)
Ai & Om Knives (Vancouver, Canada)
Professional Tooling (Australia)
*Measurement and photos are from sample I picked up randomly, please understand that each item(s) has unique profile because of handmade.
*We are selling at the shop and website same time. If you puchase item(s) when sold in store, this might be out of stock.
*We might have this item(s) in stock, even if it says "Sold Out". Please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com or using contact form below.
Share this Product
- For PRE-ORDER items, we will email you if the expected wait for your order is longer than one month.
- Colour and shape can differ between the photo and actual product due to the camera and lighting. Also, you may see a difference in colour due to the oil applied to protect from rust.
- Please note that some of the shown images are display products and can look different from the actual product.
- The products are handmade, therefore each one is unique in colour especially when it comes to wooden, horn and born parts, please let us know if you would like to purchase in a specific colour. Each product’s weight, pattern, and size can also differ slightly.
- If you are left-handed and have a special order for final edge, please let us know.
- Please do not use the knife in a twisting motion.
- Please use the correct knife when cutting bone, frozen or hard items.
- Please use a soft plastic or wooden cutting board to protect the blade’s edge.
- Please don't heat or cool rapidly as it may change the structure of the steel.
- Please don't hesitate to contact us for further enquiries.