Hitohira Aomori Hiba Cutting Board Large
Part No. DAFEA-H020
Proparation Before Use
- Wash both sides of a board before your first use with a soft sponge with a kitchen mild detergent, and rinse it well then put water on the surface.
- A board impregnated with water has the effect to reduce getting food’s juice or smell into the board.
Daily Care and Keeping
- After use of a board, please wash it using a soft sponge with a kitchen mild detergent and rinse it well, before wiping off water to keep in dry condition.
- When you sterilize, wash it with a kitchen mild detergent first, then pour boiling water over a board. If you don’t wash it before the disinfecting, smell of foods may remain.
- If you use bleaching agent, impregnate a board with water before bleaching to avoid getting the smell into the board.
- Avoid direct sunlight and put a board airy place in the shade when you dry outside. Direct sunlight cause warp, transform or crack.
- If darkening appears, wash a board using a sponge with a cleaner.
- Darkening can be removed by polishing with 200 grit of sandpaper. (*Note that it cannot be removed perfectly depending on the depth of scratch by knife cutting)
- Avoid using a dishwasher or dryer for cleaning board. Or influences from exclusive detergents or temperature effect might cause serious damage, deterioration, warp and crack.
Precautions for Use
- Since this product is made of natural wood, little warp may happen. It is unavoidable due to characteristics of a material. If it happens, get a surface of a board wet, then put the convex surface up and leave it a day. It will be restored to an original condition. (*There may be a difference depending on each product.)
- Do not dry a board by putting it into a microwave or oven.
- Note that washing with a hard material like a scrubber might cause bruises on a board.
Brand: Hitohira ひとひら (一片)
Producing Area: Sanjo-Niigata/ Japan
Product Type: Cutting Board
Size: 235 x 480 x 30 mm
Might available on our partners website:
Tosho Knife Arts (Toronto, Canada)
Ai & Om Knives (Vancouver, Canada)
Professional Tooling (Australia)
*Measurement and photos are from sample I picked up randomly, please understand that each item(s) has unique profile because of handmade.
*We are selling at the shop and website same time. If you puchase item(s) when sold in store, this might be out of stock.
*We might have this item(s) in stock, even if it says "Sold Out". Please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com or using contact form below.
Share this Product
- For PRE-ORDER items, we will email you if the expected wait for your order is longer than one month.
- Colour and shape can differ between the photo and actual product due to the camera and lighting. Also, you may see a difference in colour due to the oil applied to protect from rust.
- Please note that some of the shown images are display products and can look different from the actual product.
- The products are handmade, therefore each one is unique in colour especially when it comes to wooden, horn and born parts, please let us know if you would like to purchase in a specific colour. Each product’s weight, pattern, and size can also differ slightly.
- If you are left-handed and have a special order for final edge, please let us know.
- Please do not use the knife in a twisting motion.
- Please use the correct knife when cutting bone, frozen or hard items.
- Please use a soft plastic or wooden cutting board to protect the blade’s edge.
- Please don't heat or cool rapidly as it may change the structure of the steel.
- Please don't hesitate to contact us for further enquiries.