Morihei Vintage Narutaki Tomae Natural Stone (No.S24)
The vintage Narutaki Tomae is a medium fine stone, with medium to fine grit. It is free from any toxic lines or inclusions. The cutting speed is quite good, producing mud easily without the use of a Diamond plate or Nagura.
The stone is perfectly suited to sharpening kitchen knives. The cutting edge off the stone is toothy
yet polished finishing with water or light slurry. For single and wide bevel it gives a very even finish with a darker gray soft steel and hazy mirror finish to the hard steel.
Works well also with Japanese woodworking tools but seems better suited to kitchen knives.
Our supplier Morihei is one of the biggest and the most trustable natural stone shop working more than 80 years in Asakusabashi, Tokyo. Morihei’s stone has a tracking number, and as long as the stamp is there, you can ask about information of stone from Morihei.
Also, these descriptions were written by Ivan Gomes Fonseca who is co-owner of Tosho Knife Arts, recently working for knife maker in Sakai as professional sharpener and adviser. Has 20 years experience working with the whetstone.
Brand: Morihei 森平
Product Type: Natural Stone
Come with Kiri Box
Date of manufacture: 1950-60
*Measurement and photos are from sample I picked up randomly, please understand that each item(s) has unique profile because of handmade.
*We are selling at the shop and website same time. If you puchase item(s) when sold in store, this might be out of stock.
*We might have this item(s) in stock, even if it says "Sold Out". Please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com or using contact form below.
Share this Product
- For PRE-ORDER items, we will email you if the expected wait for your order is longer than one month.
- Colour and shape can differ between the photo and actual product due to the camera and lighting. Also, you may see a difference in colour due to the oil applied to protect from rust.
- Please note that some of the shown images are display products and can look different from the actual product.
- The products are handmade, therefore each one is unique in colour especially when it comes to wooden, horn and born parts, please let us know if you would like to purchase in a specific colour. Each product’s weight, pattern, and size can also differ slightly.
- If you are left-handed and have a special order for final edge, please let us know.
- Please do not use the knife in a twisting motion.
- Please use the correct knife when cutting bone, frozen or hard items.
- Please use a soft plastic or wooden cutting board to protect the blade’s edge.
- Please don't heat or cool rapidly as it may change the structure of the steel.
- Please don't hesitate to contact us for further enquiries.