Morihei Hisamoto Vintage White #1 Mizu-Honyaki Usuba 210mm Ho Wood Handle (Honyaki)
Part No. AAA-802-LB210
Since his older generation, Morihei stocked many tools, knives and natural stones in huge storage, and because storage is too big, sometimes, they lost items and find at very later, this knife is one of the old stocks from that era.
The knife is made by Masatomo which was located in Taito-ku, Tokyo, from around 1970 - 1980. They were one of the last blacksmiths in Tokyo, got retired in the 1990s.
Recently many people say that Blue Steel is the best steel, but many of people who know old knives, they think actually white steel is the best. Blue steel makes your knives more sickness in steel, so it won't chip easily, and because it is easier to quenching, so many blacksmiths are able to make knife easily, main reason of why blues steel knives are more expensive than white steel is, because steel itself is more expensive, and sharpener need to charge more because it takes more time to get sharpen. This white #1 steel is one of the purest carbon steel in the world, so you can make a finer edge, but still easier to sharpen because of less stickiness. Back in old days, the most of the blacksmiths were used this white steel, but recently, many people don't have skills to handling this steel, so blue steel got popular.
This items is avaiable at AI and OM Knives.
Brand: Morihei 森平
Producing Area: Tokyo/ Japan
Steel Type: Carbon Steel
Steel: Honyaki Shirogami White #1
Handle: Ho Wood & Buffalo Horn Ferrule Right Handed D-Shape
Total Length: 352mm
Edge Length: 190mm
Handle to Tip Length: 222mm
Blade Height: 48mm
Handle Length: 141mm
Hand Orientation: Right Handed Single Bevel
Might available on our partners website:
Tosho Knife Arts (Toronto, Canada)
Ai & Om Knives (Vancouver, Canada)
Professional Tooling (Australia)
*Measurement and photos are from sample I picked up randomly, please understand that each item(s) has unique profile because of handmade.
*We are selling at the shop and website same time. If you puchase item(s) when sold in store, this might be out of stock.
*We might have this item(s) in stock, even if it says "Sold Out". Please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com or using contact form below.
Share this Product
- For PRE-ORDER items, we will email you if the expected wait for your order is longer than one month.
- Colour and shape can differ between the photo and actual product due to the camera and lighting. Also, you may see a difference in colour due to the oil applied to protect from rust.
- Please note that some of the shown images are display products and can look different from the actual product.
- The products are handmade, therefore each one is unique in colour especially when it comes to wooden, horn and born parts, please let us know if you would like to purchase in a specific colour. Each product’s weight, pattern, and size can also differ slightly.
- If you are left-handed and have a special order for final edge, please let us know.
- Please do not use the knife in a twisting motion.
- Please use the correct knife when cutting bone, frozen or hard items.
- Please use a soft plastic or wooden cutting board to protect the blade’s edge.
- Please don't heat or cool rapidly as it may change the structure of the steel.
- Please don't hesitate to contact us for further enquiries.